A Canadian gal in Stuttgart, Germany, who loves nothing better than crafting by the seat of her pants. See her snip, sew, knit, knot, glue, sculpt, splatter, spin, and of course, talk about herself.

Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe to this blog


Diese Seite auf Deutsch

Esta pagina en EspaƱol


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from happy go lovely. Make your own badge here.





Prev l List l Next
_

Wednesday, September 06, 2006
Quick Update
First, thank you for the lovely comments from Arleta, Courtney and Gaby (Muchisimas gracias!) on my collages. Since it's something I'm just starting with, the encouragement is greatly appreciated! And both Arleta and Marji have asked about the 999 things...can I really think of that many? I may not manage to complete them, but so far I find thinking of 10 at a time is a breeze. Also, I really like that it allows me to give little snippets about me that others may find interesting, without the risk of rambling on, which I have a tendency to do :)

As for crafty stuffs, I really tried to get my Sew Retro stuff done, but what I thought would be quick just went all wrong. I must have spent the better part of an hour trying to figure out the best way to line up the pattern on the 2 halves of the circle skirt. The dumb thing is, they actually printed the pattern so that it lines up exactly, but the pattern is a little too wide for the fabric and it runs onto the selvage :P so I had to cut a section off on either side, making it an almost circle skirt. It still needs hemming, which I haven't had the time or the energy for, but I may just take a pic as is, just so everyone can see it. I also managed to get the wrap dress done, except for hems, but in my impatience I didn't check the fit as carefully as I should have, and it looked horrendous. So I had to take the dang thing apart again and threw it somewhere in the corner. Why oh why am I drowning in this bad craft voodoo?

Aside from sewing stress, the weekend was good, with great weather, and on Sunday we decided to take a trip to Maulbronn. It was really beautiful, we had a great time, and I will post some pics tonight or tomorrow.

Labels:

posted by tatjana @ 8:56 a.m.  
4 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 







Trekking XXL Enrelac Socks
Dottie Tank
Lizzieas pdf
Bosomy Tankas pdf
Mods for Bosomy TankA Fanciful Twist
Anastasia Drawing and Dreaming
Apron Thrift Girl
Arleta's Motley Wool
The Barefoot Cobbler
Beauty School Dropout
cArried AwAy
Kandeedo Bandeedo
Fiber Arts Afloat
Hadas y Flores
Jungle Dream Pagoda
Lobstah Life
muerto de risa
My Marrakesh
Moonstitches
Petunia
Pink Lady Knits
SewStylish
Sock prOn
So Sylvie
Stitched in Holland