A Canadian gal in Stuttgart, Germany, who loves nothing better than crafting by the seat of her pants. See her snip, sew, knit, knot, glue, sculpt, splatter, spin, and of course, talk about herself.

Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe to this blog


Diese Seite auf Deutsch

Esta pagina en Español


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from happy go lovely. Make your own badge here.





Prev l List l Next
_

Tuesday, August 22, 2006
Little Knit
I seem to have a nasty habit of mentioning a knit I'm working on and then, if I lose interest in it, just don't mention it again. I really have to stop doing that. So for those who saw that post, and wanted to know how my makeshift baby aran turned out, here it is:
Baby sweater with cables
Baby sweater back
The yarn is a bulky cotton-acrylic mix in navy which doesn't look washed out as it does in the pictures. The joining of the sleeves to the body and the yoke are not exactly perfect, because I didn't really plan the whole garment through before knitting. I just swatched for gauge and to try out some cables to see how they looked. Once I figured out how many stitches I was casting on, I figured out what sequence of cables would fit within that number, then just knit up the sweater the same way I did when I knit Daisy before. This time I used a really bulky yarn, and was winging the decreases for the arms scye and the yolk, so all in all it could have been a lot worse. Maybe this will teach to plan a bit more? Have sketches with notes and carefully planned stitch patterns like Eunny? I really do wish I could, at least sometimes, stop being such knit by the seat of my pants kinda girl. But hopefully it's something I can learn while I work on designing more.

Labels:

posted by tatjana @ 2:22 p.m.  
3 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 







Trekking XXL Enrelac Socks
Dottie Tank
Lizzieas pdf
Bosomy Tankas pdf
Mods for Bosomy TankA Fanciful Twist
Anastasia Drawing and Dreaming
Apron Thrift Girl
Arleta's Motley Wool
The Barefoot Cobbler
Beauty School Dropout
cArried AwAy
Kandeedo Bandeedo
Fiber Arts Afloat
Hadas y Flores
Jungle Dream Pagoda
Lobstah Life
muerto de risa
My Marrakesh
Moonstitches
Petunia
Pink Lady Knits
SewStylish
Sock prOn
So Sylvie
Stitched in Holland