A Canadian gal in Stuttgart, Germany, who loves nothing better than crafting by the seat of her pants. See her snip, sew, knit, knot, glue, sculpt, splatter, spin, and of course, talk about herself.

Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe to this blog


Diese Seite auf Deutsch

Esta pagina en EspaƱol


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from happy go lovely. Make your own badge here.





Prev l List l Next
_

Tuesday, August 29, 2006
Book Meme
Wow, I haven't been tagged in forever! Maybe I should leave more comments for people. Bad Fox!

Anyway, I was tagged for this jim-dandy meme by the lovelyArleta. She's much better at leaving comments than I am ;)

1. One book that changed your life: Oh I'm gonna be a big fat geek here and say the textbook (No! I can't even remeber the name!) for my Morphology of Plants course in university. Or any of the many journals I read. Once I started reading about plant research I was hooked.

2. One book that you've read more than once: Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, I'm a big Austen fan.

3. One book you'd want on a desert island: Mmmm, a Plant guide? Then I can find food and learn about my new environment :)

4. One book that made you laugh: There was one, a few months ago...I laughed on the train, people looked at me like I was crazy. I really need to make a book list, I can never remember what the hell I read :(

5. One book that made you cry: Tandia by Bryce Courtenay, about a girl of mixed race in South Africa...beautiful and tragic.

6. One book that you wish had been written: Simple breeding techniques for money growing trees ;)

7. One book you wish had never been written: Arelta said "Any book that's full of hate. Like some bad nasty nazibooks or something. Our world doesn't need any more hate in it!"
I sorta agree with this, but I wonder about religious texts, or any other books for that matter. Using the Quran or the bible, some Muslims hate Americans, some Christians hate gays, and there are examples of horrifyingly sexist practices in both those religions, as well as in Hinduism and others. I think people who want to do horrible things to their fellow man will find a reason to anywhere.

8. One book you're currently reading: Cider with Rosie by Laurie Lee-- The writing is utterly beautiful

9. One book you've been meaning to read: Just one? I really have to find and read this book

10. Tag 6 people: How bout I just leave it up to you? :)

Let me know if you do it though, I love reading about people's book loves, and finding new stuff to read!

Labels:

posted by tatjana @ 11:22 a.m.  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 







Trekking XXL Enrelac Socks
Dottie Tank
Lizzieas pdf
Bosomy Tankas pdf
Mods for Bosomy TankA Fanciful Twist
Anastasia Drawing and Dreaming
Apron Thrift Girl
Arleta's Motley Wool
The Barefoot Cobbler
Beauty School Dropout
cArried AwAy
Kandeedo Bandeedo
Fiber Arts Afloat
Hadas y Flores
Jungle Dream Pagoda
Lobstah Life
muerto de risa
My Marrakesh
Moonstitches
Petunia
Pink Lady Knits
SewStylish
Sock prOn
So Sylvie
Stitched in Holland