A Canadian gal in Stuttgart, Germany, who loves nothing better than crafting by the seat of her pants. See her snip, sew, knit, knot, glue, sculpt, splatter, spin, and of course, talk about herself.

Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe to this blog


Diese Seite auf Deutsch

Esta pagina en EspaƱol


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from happy go lovely. Make your own badge here.





Prev l List l Next
_

Monday, August 28, 2006
999 Things
11. I am a cat person.

12. I sing when I'm happy, sometimes even in tune. Mostly old jazz songs and showtunes.

13. I bake a mean double chocolate chip cookie.

14. I learned to knit from my boyfriend's mother a few months after I came to Germany. I'd wanted to learn for a long time.

15. I taught myself to sew things by hand when I was about 10 or so, but I didn't get a machine til I was 15.

16. My last year of high school I studied fashion design.

17. I couldn't deal with how competitive the fashion business is so I left my creative pursuits to study plant biology at the University of Guelph.

18. Although I spent all that time studying plants, I tended to focus on the microscopic aspects, things that plants do that we can't see. That's why I'm really lousy at identifying plants, but I can tell you all about the different chemical compounds they produce to fight bugs and diseases.

19. I actually miss spending lots of time in a lab.

20. I decided to do a masters degree in agriculture because my fascination with all the untapped potential in plants gave me the conviction that there were better ways to manage the plants we eat, for us and for the environment.

Labels: ,

posted by tatjana @ 9:54 a.m.  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 







Trekking XXL Enrelac Socks
Dottie Tank
Lizzieas pdf
Bosomy Tankas pdf
Mods for Bosomy TankA Fanciful Twist
Anastasia Drawing and Dreaming
Apron Thrift Girl
Arleta's Motley Wool
The Barefoot Cobbler
Beauty School Dropout
cArried AwAy
Kandeedo Bandeedo
Fiber Arts Afloat
Hadas y Flores
Jungle Dream Pagoda
Lobstah Life
muerto de risa
My Marrakesh
Moonstitches
Petunia
Pink Lady Knits
SewStylish
Sock prOn
So Sylvie
Stitched in Holland