|11. I am a cat person.
12. I sing when I'm happy, sometimes even in tune. Mostly old jazz songs and showtunes.
13. I bake a mean double chocolate chip cookie.
14. I learned to knit from my boyfriend's mother a few months after I came to Germany. I'd wanted to learn for a long time.
15. I taught myself to sew things by hand when I was about 10 or so, but I didn't get a machine til I was 15.
16. My last year of high school I studied fashion design.
17. I couldn't deal with how competitive the fashion business is so I left my creative pursuits to study plant biology at the University of Guelph.
18. Although I spent all that time studying plants, I tended to focus on the microscopic aspects, things that plants do that we can't see. That's why I'm really lousy at identifying plants, but I can tell you all about the different chemical compounds they produce to fight bugs and diseases.
19. I actually miss spending lots of time in a lab.
20. I decided to do a masters degree in agriculture because my fascination with all the untapped potential in plants gave me the conviction that there were better ways to manage the plants we eat, for us and for the environment.
Labels: 999 Things, Memes