A Canadian gal in Stuttgart, Germany, who loves nothing better than crafting by the seat of her pants. See her snip, sew, knit, knot, glue, sculpt, splatter, spin, and of course, talk about herself.

Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe to this blog


Diese Seite auf Deutsch

Esta pagina en EspaƱol


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from happy go lovely. Make your own badge here.





Prev l List l Next
_

Thursday, August 31, 2006
Inspiration everywhere
Although I initially revived this blog mostly to talk about my knitting, and really, it's been quite a while since I worked on much else, over time I find it harder and harder to resist all the millions of craft possibilites out there. On the one hand, it's terrible, becuase knitting-wise I have so far to go. I really want to work on designing more and better patterns, and I won't be satisfied until that includes fair isle, something I haven't even touched yet. I don't expect this to come any time soon mind you, I realize these things take time and practice. But I really do believe that given time, effort, and often just as important, a little faith, you can learn anything. Without this conviction I wouldn't be knitting, sewing or spinning (all things that bring me so much joy!) and I wouldn't be so eager and excited about trying other things.

I don't always have time to make long treks into blogland, but when I do I love taking a peek at all the wonderful quilters, softie makers and bit of everything crafters, always check the fascinating tips on Sharon's blog so that I'll be prepared when I start embroidering, and I love this project she's doing, the results so far are gorgeous!

Touch Me
From the Flames

I've been wanting to play with textiles a bit more, in a more artsy way. I had an infatuation with nervousness for a few months until the site went on their seemingly endless hiatus (they are still in the process of getting things back to normal). Inspired by random themes and the encouraging atmosphere, I made a few things that I was really happy to both make and look at afterwards like the ATCs above. The one on the left was made with various yarn scraps, and the other has a satin background with paper and novelty yarn (Click on pics for a bigger image). I glued the feathers individually, alternating gold and bronze, and the texture was really neat. I had to send both away since they were for swaps, and I was sad to part with them :( So I should make more for me then :) My first aim though, is to make all fabric 'collages' (art quilts??) like my first textile art foray here, which I thankfully kept.

Tree of Life

It's a little rough, but alright for a first try. I have a lot to learn technique-wise, but I think this is something I could really enjoy. Not quite yet though, with my backlog it's not the best time to start on whole new crafts, but at least it's something I can have fun pondering while I'm waiting for the train :)

Labels: ,

posted by tatjana @ 10:49 a.m.  
3 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 







Trekking XXL Enrelac Socks
Dottie Tank
Lizzieas pdf
Bosomy Tankas pdf
Mods for Bosomy TankA Fanciful Twist
Anastasia Drawing and Dreaming
Apron Thrift Girl
Arleta's Motley Wool
The Barefoot Cobbler
Beauty School Dropout
cArried AwAy
Kandeedo Bandeedo
Fiber Arts Afloat
Hadas y Flores
Jungle Dream Pagoda
Lobstah Life
muerto de risa
My Marrakesh
Moonstitches
Petunia
Pink Lady Knits
SewStylish
Sock prOn
So Sylvie
Stitched in Holland