A Canadian gal in Stuttgart, Germany, who loves nothing better than crafting by the seat of her pants. See her snip, sew, knit, knot, glue, sculpt, splatter, spin, and of course, talk about herself.

Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe to this blog


Diese Seite auf Deutsch

Esta pagina en EspaƱol


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from happy go lovely. Make your own badge here.





Prev l List l Next
_

Wednesday, September 20, 2006
If y'all ain't just my spinning mojo!
Wow! I really must thank you all for the lovely comments on my yarn...I was almost as red ;) Honestly, I feel really bad sometimes about being such a crafting butterfly, flitting from one thing to another, because I don't always dedicate the time and effort to things they deserve. That has especially been the case with spinning, but I'm planning on fixing that :) And thanks to all of you, I'm super motivated to do it too!

For those of you who commented on the medieval fair, you should really go (or go again) if you ever have the chance. They're just the coolest ever. I'm by no means a hardcore fairgoer yet, but we ordered a shirt for Bunny, I'm looking around for yarn I can use for chainmail and I'm trying to decide what kind of dress I want.

Tricia asked about the apples...aren't they pretty? We picked those on Sunday on this piece of land that used to belong to his dad. Since that sounds a litte fishy, I'll explain :) Southern Germany has lots of farmland, and Bunny's grandparents had a farm. As is fairly common, they had land in more than one place. This one lot just had fruit trees, mostly apples. It sits in the middle of a big stretch of farmland which is made up of all sorts of people's random plots of land. A few of them are actually cultivated, like rapeseed (Canola) or sugarbeet, but most are just used for weekend gardening or barbecueing, since backyard space is hard to come by here. The plot that belonged to Bunny's Oma and Opa, and then to his dad, got sold to the state, who just kinda buys plots like that so as not to disturb things. So we weren't stealing from anybody. Well, kinda from the state, but it's not like they're going to send some minor civil servant out to collect the apples, they just fall down n rot, so I figure it's better if someone makes use of them. Best of all, they are SO good! Super crisp and a little tart, just the way I like 'em. That means they're really good for baking too, so Tricia, to finally answer your question, I will definitely be making pie (Because I don't have the patience for strudel lol) :)

Ok, last but not least, it's occured to my pea-brain that I totally forgot my own blogiversary! It's been just over a year now since I Frankensteined this sucker (It's alive!! ALIVE!!) and brought it back from blog death to display my new found craftiness. Long ago, I used it to chronicle my plunderung of Mexico, but that's another story :) So, to make up for my harebrainedness, I'm going to have a contest! You know, like all the cool kids! I just need to take pics of the prizes and figure out what to do to enter. I'll think of something fun, I promise!

Labels:

posted by tatjana @ 5:58 p.m.  
3 Comments:
  • At Thursday, September 21, 2006 2:55:00 p.m., Blogger AR said…

    Happy Blogiversary!

    Homemade apple pie sounds so good right now!

      Edit Comment
  • At Thursday, September 21, 2006 5:39:00 p.m., Blogger Marji said…

    Happy anniversary to you...
    Love your fall colors and spinning. On the winter squashes - have you tried braising? YUM! A few years ago I came across an article on braising winter vegetables (which in my world mean fall vegetables since nada can be harvested in winter) .. and I tried it. Fabulous! The other thing I do with winter squash, when pressed for time, is leave it whole, poke a couple of holes through the skin for steam to escape, although the hole doesn't need to go to the center, then put in a 350 oven, right on the rack although it is a good idea to put a pc of foil on the bottom rack to catch drips, and just let it bake as the whole for at least an hour. Then I cut it open, scoop out the center mush, scoop out the squash and then mash with some butter and s&P. Easiest no-muss no-fuss there is.
    Do you want some really elaborate medieval costuming stuff? email me your address and I'll send you some medieval patterns I have lying around here from days I did costuming for HS theater kids.

      Edit Comment
  • At Thursday, September 21, 2006 6:43:00 p.m., Blogger Courtney said…

    happy blogoversary!
    the apples do look divine, and a pie seems like just the thing for them! there is a great recipe on foodnetwork.com from tyler florence for the "ultimate" apple pie. it is pretty damned good.

      Edit Comment
Post a Comment
<< Home
 







Trekking XXL Enrelac Socks
Dottie Tank
Lizzieas pdf
Bosomy Tankas pdf
Mods for Bosomy TankA Fanciful Twist
Anastasia Drawing and Dreaming
Apron Thrift Girl
Arleta's Motley Wool
The Barefoot Cobbler
Beauty School Dropout
cArried AwAy
Kandeedo Bandeedo
Fiber Arts Afloat
Hadas y Flores
Jungle Dream Pagoda
Lobstah Life
muerto de risa
My Marrakesh
Moonstitches
Petunia
Pink Lady Knits
SewStylish
Sock prOn
So Sylvie
Stitched in Holland