A Canadian gal in Stuttgart, Germany, who loves nothing better than crafting by the seat of her pants. See her snip, sew, knit, knot, glue, sculpt, splatter, spin, and of course, talk about herself.

Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe to this blog


Diese Seite auf Deutsch

Esta pagina en EspaƱol


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from happy go lovely. Make your own badge here.





Prev l List l Next
_

Tuesday, October 18, 2005
Taggedy-tag-tag
Caught! by the oh-so-sneaky Kim! ;) so here goes the meme....

10 YEARS AGO
I was in Toronto, failing math and drinking way too much for a girl my age. I was madly in love with a manic/depressive, obsessive/compulsive, straight edge dancing fool who oddly kept me a lot more stable than he was.

5 YEARS AGO
I was in Guelph, in a house with 3 girls, one guy, a cat, a dog and a patio sofa that made your butt fall asleep. But we had lovely shag carpeting that the clean freak kept spotless for us, so we just sprawled on the floor. My life was lab-lecture-lab-greenhouse-lab-pub. Nothing was more interesting than plants, or the waiter at Wimpy's diner who played classical guitar and took me to a concert once. (yes, i was a little boy crazy. so kill me.)

1 YEAR AGO
I was halfway through my MSc Programme here in Germany, thinking I had picked the best supervisor for my thesis (HA!! HA!! don't you love being wrong wrong wrong??) and almost a year with Matthias. We went to Ireland and he took more plant pictures than I did. God I love that boy.

FIVE SNACKS
Ruffles potato chips with onion dip (oh how i miss thee!)
Pudding. Germany must produce about 50,000 kinds of pudding. and it's so good!
Ice cream. I finally found Haagen-Dazs AND Ben and Jerry's here. Matthias buys it for me when I'm grumpy.
That's it. Just 3. I'm not a big snacker.

FIVE SONGS I KNOW ALL THE WORDS TO
1. It had to be you - Frank Sinatra
2. I will survive - Gloria Gaynor
3. Anything from Bjork's first 3 albums
4. Most songs from the Beatles first 2 (3?) albums --thanks dad!
5. Wrap around - Brad Paisley (Yeehaw!)

FIVE THINGS I WOULD DO WITH $100 MILLION
1. Pay off my damn school loans
2. Buy my folks the purdiest house ever and my dad the Mercedes convertible i promised him when i was little ;)
3. Build an organic farm/foster house/summer camp in Canada with my boy and my best friend where under-priviledged kids can come get fresh air, dirty hands and animal love.
4. Take my mom on a Paris shopping spree.
5. Save whatever's left til I find a way to use it to really help people.

FIVE PLACES TO RUN AWAY TO
1. My boy's arms. First choice every time, even when it's him i think i'm running from.
2. My mother in law's kitchen. it always smells good and contains the sweetest woman on the planet.
3. Sherwood Forest. a real one, in Toronto, not the Robin Hood one.
4. Honest Ed's Warehouse. a huge junkhouse in Toronto where you can get lost among mountains of tackiness.
5. Ross Beach, Ireland at sunset.

FIVE THINGS I WOULD NEVER WEAR
1. A G-string. nothing goes in my butt, no matter how floss-like.
2. Feathers. I am not Phyllis Diller.
3. Anything leather other than shoes or belts. I can't stand the smell.
4. A lip ring. I'm sure I would just drool all over the place.
5. Belly shirts, because I do not have a six pack. But i will wear a sari that exposes belly, because Bollywood movies say that pudgy Indian bellies are sexy. really.

FIVE FAVORITE TV SHOWS
1. Buffy
2. Any Jamie Oliver show
3. Desperate Housewives
4. Trading Spaces (is it still even on? i don't get it here.)
5. anything not made in Germany, TV here is AWFUL!!!

FIVE BIGGEST JOYS
1. My boy
2. My cats
3. Doing anything creative
4. My family
5. Learning new things

FAVORITE TOYS
1. My laptop. She's blue and her name is Mona.
2. My digital camera, even if it sucks at kitty action shots.
3. As soon as I get a German license, my boy's new car. 218 Horsepower baby. Autobahn here I come!
4. My piles of knittage, fabric and sundry textiles stuffs.

Free to be grabbed by who wants it! Long live the MEME!
posted by tatjana @ 1:12 p.m.  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 







Trekking XXL Enrelac Socks
Dottie Tank
Lizzieas pdf
Bosomy Tankas pdf
Mods for Bosomy TankA Fanciful Twist
Anastasia Drawing and Dreaming
Apron Thrift Girl
Arleta's Motley Wool
The Barefoot Cobbler
Beauty School Dropout
cArried AwAy
Kandeedo Bandeedo
Fiber Arts Afloat
Hadas y Flores
Jungle Dream Pagoda
Lobstah Life
muerto de risa
My Marrakesh
Moonstitches
Petunia
Pink Lady Knits
SewStylish
Sock prOn
So Sylvie
Stitched in Holland