A Canadian gal in Stuttgart, Germany, who loves nothing better than crafting by the seat of her pants. See her snip, sew, knit, knot, glue, sculpt, splatter, spin, and of course, talk about herself.

Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe to this blog


Diese Seite auf Deutsch

Esta pagina en EspaƱol


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from happy go lovely. Make your own badge here.





Prev l List l Next
_

Tuesday, January 16, 2007
No gift like a handspun gift

Not too long ago, I was at a market with a couple friends of mine who were admiring some fingerless gloves. It occurred to me that these were the perfect project for some of the handspun I've got lying around and cast on for a pair as soon as I got home. The first pair was in various shades of blue and has already been giving to my friend Alissa who says their perfect for bike riding and this purple pair is for her partner Sabrina, who will get hers soon and then they can run around in 'Partnerlook' ;)

I knit them a little long, but they look nice with the cuff folded over. Worn long, I find them good for 7/8 and 3/4 sleeved things. I will probably make a pair for myself soon, but first I will have to spin some more, since what I have now is either too bulky or is reserved for a swap I have to mail as soon as I get my butt to the LYS to buy another skein I'm sending along. I hope I'm sending the right sort of thing, as my swap partner (from Swapbot) weaves, she doesn't knit, and I'm not sure how particular the yarn has to be so that it's nicely weavable. If any of you happen to be able to provide any guidance on this, please let me know!

Other than that, I'm done knitting a baby sweater I started over Christmas for my friend Julie's baby. I heard about her pregnancy just after Matthias and I got back from our trip to Canada, so I missed out on seeing her before the baby was born. It's too bad, because she was the first from our group of girls who lived together during our first year at university. We were all so excited when we heard. I can't wait to see who's next. I think it may be a while though, because I am the only one who seems to hear the biological clock, and kids are out of the question for us until we're a bit more settled. I don't think I've mentioned before that we've decided to move to Canada, for many reasons. So no little people at least til after the big move. But, although Julie was recently engaged and moved into a new house, she wasn't planning on being a mommy yet either, so I guess you never know. Some of the babies I've known who've brought the most joy were also the most unexpected. If life can't throw us a few surprises now and then, what the heck are we here for? ;)

Labels: ,

posted by tatjana @ 12:17 p.m.  
5 Comments:
  • At Tuesday, January 16, 2007 11:40:00 p.m., Blogger Unknown said…

    here here Tatjana... life is always full of surprises, some wonderful and some not so. I'm hoping for my own little surprise someday...soon, since I'm over 40 now, and my clock is booming! :0

      Edit Comment
  • At Wednesday, January 17, 2007 2:51:00 p.m., Blogger jillypickle said…

    oh, those gloves are so lush and colorful! love the craftsmanship. and now whoever wears them can play the trumpet in the cold. ;)

      Edit Comment
  • At Wednesday, January 17, 2007 5:14:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tatjana,
    Thank you for your wise comments. I love those gloves, remember the fingerless ones in the eighties that were lace that Madonna wore. I loved those. Yours are a quite lovely updated version. As for babies, I have no babies. I am 31. No babies in sight, no, not at all. I have no biological clock and I don't even know why???? I think that our little angels are waiting for us somewhere, some of us have a couple, some of us have none...Some of us are still little children in big people bodies. hehehe. I believe that if we work along our little paths, our destinies will unfold. I am sure yours will, once you get to Canada and peace settles over your little family. I don't know about me and kids...I am too sensitive.. I love kids from 0 - 7 years old. Now my adopted niece is being so mean, measuring the size of the butt with a tape measure, my bottom isn't even that big. She is 9 now and she is learning horrible things from that snobby school she is at. Those things scare me. But, It depends on the parents teaching...Okay, I'll be quiet now..xo

      Edit Comment
  • At Wednesday, January 17, 2007 7:01:00 p.m., Blogger jungle dream pagoda said…

    love those fingerless gloves! but what I really love is the color combo!

      Edit Comment
  • At Thursday, January 18, 2007 8:20:00 p.m., Blogger AR said…

    Those glovelettes are great. Loved the link, too. LOL.

      Edit Comment
Post a Comment
<< Home
 







Trekking XXL Enrelac Socks
Dottie Tank
Lizzieas pdf
Bosomy Tankas pdf
Mods for Bosomy TankA Fanciful Twist
Anastasia Drawing and Dreaming
Apron Thrift Girl
Arleta's Motley Wool
The Barefoot Cobbler
Beauty School Dropout
cArried AwAy
Kandeedo Bandeedo
Fiber Arts Afloat
Hadas y Flores
Jungle Dream Pagoda
Lobstah Life
muerto de risa
My Marrakesh
Moonstitches
Petunia
Pink Lady Knits
SewStylish
Sock prOn
So Sylvie
Stitched in Holland