A Canadian gal in Stuttgart, Germany, who loves nothing better than crafting by the seat of her pants. See her snip, sew, knit, knot, glue, sculpt, splatter, spin, and of course, talk about herself.

Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe to this blog


Diese Seite auf Deutsch

Esta pagina en EspaƱol


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from happy go lovely. Make your own badge here.





Prev l List l Next
_

Tuesday, November 14, 2006
I'm not just a crabby whiner... ;)
new handspun
I actually still craft too. As I mentioned, things have been busy, leaving little time or energy for craftiness, but as I'm sure all of you know, it's still damn hard to just go cold turkey. We always find just a little time somewhere, don't we? So here is my latest hanspun, a single ply that can be knit up on 4.5mm needles, I think, which should be a heavy worsted. It's a little overspun, because I don't often spin single ply (ha! as though I'm an expert at everything else, LOL), and wasn't sure as I was spinning if I would ply it after all with string or something for a curlier boucle sort of effect. In the end I decided against it though. I've always been fond of the colour variations in Noro, and was aiming for something similar here, with larger sections of colour, as opposed to the stripes I tried before. They look a little mixed up in the picture, but the colours all come one after the other, without any repetition. It's about 155m (~170 yards maybe?) and I'm not sure what to do with it. A scarf would probably the easiest solution, and would show off the colours well, but I really have enough scarves. And selfishly enough, I would kinda like to keep this for myself because I really like the way the colours came together. I suppose it doesn't have to be something to wear. I could maybe make some free form knit art to hang on the wall. I've seen pieces like that on Flickr and elsewhere online, and I find them really interesting. Another idea I had was to combine it with some grey single ply I have which is more or less the same weight and almost the same colour as the medium grey portion in the yarn itself. This just may give me enough for a small shrugish sorta thing. We'll see. If anyone has another suggestion of something that would work with this yarn, please do let me know, I'm terrible at deciding this sort of thing :)

Labels:

posted by tatjana @ 11:43 a.m.  
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 







Trekking XXL Enrelac Socks
Dottie Tank
Lizzieas pdf
Bosomy Tankas pdf
Mods for Bosomy TankA Fanciful Twist
Anastasia Drawing and Dreaming
Apron Thrift Girl
Arleta's Motley Wool
The Barefoot Cobbler
Beauty School Dropout
cArried AwAy
Kandeedo Bandeedo
Fiber Arts Afloat
Hadas y Flores
Jungle Dream Pagoda
Lobstah Life
muerto de risa
My Marrakesh
Moonstitches
Petunia
Pink Lady Knits
SewStylish
Sock prOn
So Sylvie
Stitched in Holland