A Canadian gal in Stuttgart, Germany, who loves nothing better than crafting by the seat of her pants. See her snip, sew, knit, knot, glue, sculpt, splatter, spin, and of course, talk about herself.

Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe to this blog


Diese Seite auf Deutsch

Esta pagina en EspaƱol


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from happy go lovely. Make your own badge here.





Prev l List l Next
_

Friday, January 12, 2007
Memememe!
I'm meme-ing today! I'm at work and don't have any pictures here (the ones I want to post haven't been posted to Flickr yet), so I get to meme it up til I get home :) Can you tell we don't get a whole lot done around here on Fridays? ;D

Thank you so much for your comments on yesterday's post. It's such a relief to know that I'm not the only one who compares themselves to the 'greats' in blogland lol. Especially since you all make such great things yourselves, and I would never dream of considering any of you to be anything less than awesome. Oh well, I guess there are worse things than to see the awesome in others more easily than the awesome in yourself :)

And now on to the Memes!!

First, a really cute one Arleta posted a couple days ago...

The Page 123 Meme
1. Grab the book closest to you.
2. Open to page 123, look down to the 5th sentence.
3. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog.
4. Include the title and the author's name.
5. Tag 3 People.

Well, I just started reading The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls and on pg 123 it says "It was some kind of Gypsy hex. Mom decided, as she put it, to fight magic with magic. She took a ham bone out of the beans and went down to the Gypsies' house, waving it in the air." OMG! Now I can't wait to get to that part! I have a fair bit of time on the train on the way home, but something tells me I'll be up reading tonight ;)
I know I'm supposed to tag people now, but Arleta said something about this that I totally feel as well. I'm happy when I get tagged, but feel kinda like I'm bothering people when I tag them. Except Arleta, because I know she likes memes :D
Besides, usually by the time I see a meme, half the blog world has already done it and I just don't know who's taggable anymore. So if you haven't done it, and want to, feel free!

And just another short one I've seen on quite a few blogs that's a more traditional meme, as it's actually about me....

5 things about me others might not know

1. I hate Addi turbos like nobody's business. Gasp and swoon all you like, that click clack of uncoated metal drives me absolutely bonkers.

2. I sniff a lot. I inherited a rather exaggerated sense of smell from my mother, and I can often get distracted by random smells floating past me.

3. A have narrow feet and am a fast walker. On the rare occasions when I felt I absolutely had to have a particularly gorgeous pair of slip on sandals, I was promptly faced which flying footwear. I kid you not. Although entertaining, it also kinda sucks.

4. Long before knitting, I did cross stitch. Somewhere in a drawer there is beautiful pattern of a geisha I started working on somewhere circa 1999.

5. I am currently in desperate need of a haircut. I'm starting to look a bit like the Shaggy Dog.

Ok, I'll be back later with a couple pictures, hopefully one of me drinking tea, as I am expected at a tea party! Ta ta for now....

Labels:

posted by tatjana @ 12:22 p.m.  
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 







Trekking XXL Enrelac Socks
Dottie Tank
Lizzieas pdf
Bosomy Tankas pdf
Mods for Bosomy TankA Fanciful Twist
Anastasia Drawing and Dreaming
Apron Thrift Girl
Arleta's Motley Wool
The Barefoot Cobbler
Beauty School Dropout
cArried AwAy
Kandeedo Bandeedo
Fiber Arts Afloat
Hadas y Flores
Jungle Dream Pagoda
Lobstah Life
muerto de risa
My Marrakesh
Moonstitches
Petunia
Pink Lady Knits
SewStylish
Sock prOn
So Sylvie
Stitched in Holland