A Canadian gal in Stuttgart, Germany, who loves nothing better than crafting by the seat of her pants. See her snip, sew, knit, knot, glue, sculpt, splatter, spin, and of course, talk about herself.

Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe to this blog


Diese Seite auf Deutsch

Esta pagina en EspaƱol


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from happy go lovely. Make your own badge here.





Prev l List l Next
_

Friday, January 19, 2007
Aren't pictures so much better?

I know I've already told you about this, but showing you is more fun :) Now you can actually see how cute it turned out! I sorta made up this sweater as I went along, only deciding in the beginning that I wanted some sort of wrap. I finally decided to fasten it with the two buttons you see in the picture, and a ribbon to tie it on the inside. The yarn is a cotton boucle which I've had lying around for a while. Once upon a time it was on its way to becoming a larger wrap, one for me, but at some point I was more or less forced to give it up. The cotton makes for a pretty firm boucle that doesn't slide very easily, which makes it a bit of a pain to knit with. Between working at the computer and all the knitting I do, my wrists get sore now and then and trying to knit with this yarn became too much of a strain. Even the baby jacket took a fair bit longer than it should have, but I managed, and I was happy to have been able to make something out of this yarn that I really like the look of, even if it's not so great to knit. I'm taking it to the post tomorrow morning - I'm on pins and needles to see if it will fit, because somehow it looks a little small now that it's done. Babies grow so fast! It's about 50cm or 20 inches around, which should be big enough for a baby that's no yet 2 months, but you never can tell. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
Now I can get back to my Dulaan knitting, which I'm a bit behind on, as I wanted to have a sweater done by now. I also finally had an idea for what to do with some alpaca I ordered from Knitpicks when I was in Canada, and some Auracania that I also couldn't resist. Silly me, I didn't buy quite enough of the purple in the top of the Knitpicks picture to make a sweater and have long been hacking my brain as to what I could make or combine it with. For some reason I never noticed how nice it looks with the similar colours in the Auracania. Also, although I have a weakness for variegated yarns, I often don't like the way they look when knit up. It looks nice as socks or a scarf, but I'm not crazy about variegated sweaters. But I just came up with a way to combine them that I think will work really well. I just started a sleeve as a gauge swatch - I'll keep ya posted!

Labels: ,

posted by tatjana @ 1:55 p.m.  
3 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 







Trekking XXL Enrelac Socks
Dottie Tank
Lizzieas pdf
Bosomy Tankas pdf
Mods for Bosomy TankA Fanciful Twist
Anastasia Drawing and Dreaming
Apron Thrift Girl
Arleta's Motley Wool
The Barefoot Cobbler
Beauty School Dropout
cArried AwAy
Kandeedo Bandeedo
Fiber Arts Afloat
Hadas y Flores
Jungle Dream Pagoda
Lobstah Life
muerto de risa
My Marrakesh
Moonstitches
Petunia
Pink Lady Knits
SewStylish
Sock prOn
So Sylvie
Stitched in Holland