A Canadian gal in Stuttgart, Germany, who loves nothing better than crafting by the seat of her pants. See her snip, sew, knit, knot, glue, sculpt, splatter, spin, and of course, talk about herself.

Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe to this blog


Diese Seite auf Deutsch

Esta pagina en EspaƱol


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from happy go lovely. Make your own badge here.





Prev l List l Next
_

Thursday, September 21, 2006
The 'Remember when I loved _____?' Contest
Hi all! I'm all kinds of excited about givin stuff away! I should have done this ages ago :) Ok, like I said yesterday, I had forgotten about my blogiversary but still wanted to have a contest to celebrate. I did some thinking yesterday about what you could do to enter and I think I came up with something fun. At first I thought I'd do something about forgetting things, like birthdays, anniversaries, or maybe a key article of clothing in a rush to get somewhere? (Or do things like that only happen to me? lol!) But then I was inspired by an entry on Selena's blog. She mentioned how her memory just ain't as good anymore, but that she still remembers some really odd things, like Kirk Cameron's birthday. I thought that was really funny (Thanks Selena!). So here's what you have to do: First, think of someone you had a big, fat crush on way back when. Then, put them through Google images and pick the best/hottest/funniest picture you see. Put the pic, or a link up on your blog, and leave a comment here so I can see your old crush! I'll give away 3 prizes, one for the hottest (I reserve the right to pick this according to my wierdo taste, so be warned!), one for the most embarassing (did you secretly love Uncle Fester?) and one for the funniest! I'll give a week, that sound fair? So everyone has til next Friday night (Sept 29th) to find a pic. And now, the prizes!

I wanted to find something that may be trickier to get in other parts, so I thought 'Fancy German sock yarn!'

Opal Hundertwasser sock yarn

This is the Opal Hundertwasser Jacquard. The colours and patterns are based on the painting of Friedensreich Hundertwasser, a famous Austrian artist who is responsible for a number of beatifult, famous and bizarre buildings in Austria and Germany. I couldn't get over the idea of knitting artsy socks, so I just had to get it :) It's colour 897 - Silver Spiral, and you can see a pic of a knit sock here.

Lang sock yarn

This is some more pretty sock yarn, Cotton Jacquard from Lang. It's a wool-cotton mix, so it makes for good fall/spring socks, not just winter. And it comes with the neat-o matching reinforcement thread which hides in the middle. I really like this because it's like a Kinder egg, but with yarn!

Pink yarn

And finally, the non-sock prize :) Sadly, there is a lot in the way of novelty yarns here which, though maybe not sold in other areas, are sometimes downright scary, and I refuse to inflict that on you people! So instead we have 2 skeins of this fun looks-like-handspun wool yarn in a variety of pinks. Each skein is a bit over 100g (~3 1/2 oz) and has about 120y, so together they should be enough for a nice scarf.

Ok, that's it. Go find some good pictures! I can't wait to see what each of you thinks (or thought) is a hunka hunka burnin' love!

Labels:

posted by tatjana @ 9:48 p.m.  
12 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 







Trekking XXL Enrelac Socks
Dottie Tank
Lizzieas pdf
Bosomy Tankas pdf
Mods for Bosomy TankA Fanciful Twist
Anastasia Drawing and Dreaming
Apron Thrift Girl
Arleta's Motley Wool
The Barefoot Cobbler
Beauty School Dropout
cArried AwAy
Kandeedo Bandeedo
Fiber Arts Afloat
Hadas y Flores
Jungle Dream Pagoda
Lobstah Life
muerto de risa
My Marrakesh
Moonstitches
Petunia
Pink Lady Knits
SewStylish
Sock prOn
So Sylvie
Stitched in Holland