A Canadian gal in Stuttgart, Germany, who loves nothing better than crafting by the seat of her pants. See her snip, sew, knit, knot, glue, sculpt, splatter, spin, and of course, talk about herself.

Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe to this blog


Diese Seite auf Deutsch

Esta pagina en EspaƱol


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from happy go lovely. Make your own badge here.





Prev l List l Next
_

Wednesday, June 28, 2006
Woohoo!!!
I did it! I ran! Yay me! And I didn't die or throw up or anything! (Don't laugh, one of my co-workers took off like a wild man last year, without having practiced his stretch to see how long it was, and had to give up when he hurled) :D Although I wasn't as fast as I would have liked, I managed my stretch better than I thought I would based on how my training went. With no experience running, I did try to jog regularly over the last month and we had a test run of the relay with my a few of co-workers last week, which I did not do well on, having to walk part of the way near the end when I just ran out of gas. But this time I actually managed to at least keep up a jog the whole way, and our team managed to have a decent time for the whole course. I'm definitely doing it again next year, but will try to start a jogging or cycling regimen to get me fit until then.
The best part is, they had prizes for everyone who participated. Most weren't terribly exciting, some t-shirts and mugs of course, and other small prizes, but the great thing was, is that as each time went up to get their prize, they got to pick it out of a hat of whatever was left. And lo and behold, thanks to our new doctorate student from Benin - Aminou, who ran the longest stretch of 1.5km with a good part uphill and totally saved our team - we won the last of these: Stuttgarter Hofbraeu
A 5L keg of beer. I think only in Germany could you win beer at a running event :D We couldn't drink it tho, not only because it was warm, but because in his excitement Aminou tossed it over his head amongst the cheering, so we though it would be better to let it rest a day or two instead of drenching our table with a beer fountain.
And on a separate note, for those of you interested in colour-grown cottons, which are usually organic (this is really important because there is no other crop that gets drenched in pesticides like cotton does!), there are a couple links for cotton stuffs on today's Ideal Bite. For those who don't know it, they mail out tips on eco-friendly products to help you reduce your day to day weight on the world by just being a bit more conscious of what products you use.
Ok, that's it for now. More knit stuff tomorrow, I promise :)

Labels:

posted by tatjana @ 11:37 a.m.  
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 







Trekking XXL Enrelac Socks
Dottie Tank
Lizzieas pdf
Bosomy Tankas pdf
Mods for Bosomy TankA Fanciful Twist
Anastasia Drawing and Dreaming
Apron Thrift Girl
Arleta's Motley Wool
The Barefoot Cobbler
Beauty School Dropout
cArried AwAy
Kandeedo Bandeedo
Fiber Arts Afloat
Hadas y Flores
Jungle Dream Pagoda
Lobstah Life
muerto de risa
My Marrakesh
Moonstitches
Petunia
Pink Lady Knits
SewStylish
Sock prOn
So Sylvie
Stitched in Holland