A Canadian gal in Stuttgart, Germany, who loves nothing better than crafting by the seat of her pants. See her snip, sew, knit, knot, glue, sculpt, splatter, spin, and of course, talk about herself.

Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe to this blog


Diese Seite auf Deutsch

Esta pagina en EspaƱol


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from happy go lovely. Make your own badge here.





Prev l List l Next
_

Saturday, June 10, 2006
Lizzie Cardi

She stills needs some buttons, and I haven't decided if I want to add a bit of a crochet edge, or maybe just some ribbon facing, but other than that she's done. I've always been a fan of gathered sleeves and empire waisted things, and thought I could try and incorporate that into a cardi. Of all the things I've just made up, I like this one by far the best. It's not so much a cardi like I planned, it's become more top-lik, but it's still quite nice for covering up a bit when your tank top seems too naked.
The yarn is come basic cotton I've had in my stash for a while, which I think is meant to be used for dishcloths. I just though the colour was very fitting, so I went ahead and used it anyway. I knit it on 4mm needles (US 6, UK 8) from the bottom up in the round, separating the back and front when I got to the arm. The sleeves were knit separately and sewn on at the end. I found the leaf lace pattern on a tank top in one of my Rebecca magazines, and the sleeves are done in berry stitch. I will definitely make another one of these, especially since I have a bunch of cotton laying around from an ebay spree a while back. The other cotton I have is nicer, mercerised, and knits on 3mm needles, so it will make it look more delicate and polished, and even more like a top, since it'll be thinner. But that's ok. This was fun and easy to make, so while I'm making up the next one I think I'll put together the pattern for it so others can make a Lizzie too! Then we can all be super girlie together. Won't that be fun?

Labels: , ,

posted by tatjana @ 10:46 p.m.  
4 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 







Trekking XXL Enrelac Socks
Dottie Tank
Lizzieas pdf
Bosomy Tankas pdf
Mods for Bosomy TankA Fanciful Twist
Anastasia Drawing and Dreaming
Apron Thrift Girl
Arleta's Motley Wool
The Barefoot Cobbler
Beauty School Dropout
cArried AwAy
Kandeedo Bandeedo
Fiber Arts Afloat
Hadas y Flores
Jungle Dream Pagoda
Lobstah Life
muerto de risa
My Marrakesh
Moonstitches
Petunia
Pink Lady Knits
SewStylish
Sock prOn
So Sylvie
Stitched in Holland