A Canadian gal in Stuttgart, Germany, who loves nothing better than crafting by the seat of her pants. See her snip, sew, knit, knot, glue, sculpt, splatter, spin, and of course, talk about herself.

Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe to this blog


Diese Seite auf Deutsch

Esta pagina en EspaƱol


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from happy go lovely. Make your own badge here.





Prev l List l Next
_

Sunday, April 01, 2007
Where have they gone?
The last two weeks....do you know? It's amazing the way life can just whiz past sometimes. Ever ask yourself (or someone else ask you) what you've been doing this week and not have any idea? That's pretty much what the past two weeks have been - huh? what was I doing? I just can't seem to keep track of all the things I have to do, and then on top of that, I keep getting urges to make things. Lots of things. I seem to have so many things going through my head these days I feel like it's going to pop right off!

As you can imagine, this has all left me feeling pretty frazzled, and I'm embarassed to say I've been running around with my bitch face on. Don't you hate it when that happens? You know you're being all yucky n irritable, but you're so stressed out you just can't help it? It drives me nuts. Even more so when I stop to think that this happens a lot more often since I've been here in Germany than it ever did before. I used to be known as a ray of sunshine! A happy bouncy ball of fun! I don't think I even want to know what people think of me here - good thing Germans tend to keep things to themselves ;D
But, on a more positive note, spring has officially arrived and I am much comforted by the gorgeous sunshine we've been having and all the little flowers pushing up their fresh little faces to say hello. Suddenly every little patch of grass on campus is peopled with darling little daisies, and these pretty little blue flowers I don't know the name of. It makes me just want to roll around in the grass! The birds are even more excited than I am, this morning I saw a couple of chickadees frantically collecting little bits for their nests, and from my office window I can hear their party-like tweeting most of the day. Thank god for spring!

As far as crafting goes, as I metnioned I've been wanting to make things lately, and have actually managed to start a couple of things, I'm just not sure I'll manage to finish them here's hoping I'll finish them! Two at least are very close to being finished, namely this cardigan, which only needs a button band and buttons and some cute little mary jane slippers I knit up on the train one day, which also need buttons. It's almost silly, really. I don't know if I've mentioned this, although I have showed off a couple additions to my stash, but I'm the biggest button lover. I can't get enough of them. I squeal with delight at the sight of vintage glass ones, and ooh and ah over bakelite. I fret over not using them for the right project, because they are all either one or few of a kind and sometimes I just can't bear to part with them. It's terrible! Anyway, I hae quite the little hoarde, but in spite of this it took me forever to find 2 buttons for my little slippers (which are the softest, cuddliest alpaca - I'll show you tomorrow!) and I haven't found any that are right for the cardigan. ARG! I think I may actually have to go out and buy some more! Oh dear ;) This may not be as much fun as it sounds though, because mostly I like to collect vintage and thrifted buttons, the kind of thing that often involves sorting through big tins and jars. Somehow they're not quite as exciting when they're all hung up on little rack along the wall, sorted by colour. (I mean, what fun is anything sorted by colour really?) It takes away the excitement of digging and searching and feeling all pleased with yourself when you find a perfect little treasure of a button. :) But since I am going downtown with a friend today anyway, I'll take a look if I find anything. Otherwise I may just have to make my first venture into making my own buttons, with some Fimo I've had lying around forever.
So as you can see, I'm trying really hard to keep myself busy with fun things, when I'm not alreay busy enough with the not so fun things. I have to admit though, I'm getting pretty antsy and really just want to get my arse back home. Oh well, at least I have less than 6 weeks to go! Woohoo!












posted by tatjana @ 6:41 p.m.  
5 Comments:
  • At Tuesday, April 03, 2007 1:13:00 p.m., Blogger Carrie said…

    Wow, you make buttons sound really cool! Sorry you have so much going on. Life gets like that sometimes. Last month, I finally had to start letting a couple of things go, because I was just too stressed. You feel like you can handle anything, but then you're running around not enjoying anything.

    Can't wait to see the Alpaca slippers, with their cute little buttons! Enjoy your warmish weather!

      Edit Comment
  • At Tuesday, April 03, 2007 6:33:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    All too often it seems that I have no good answer when people ask me what I've been up to. 'This and that' is what I normally say!

    I'd LOVE to see photos if you do make your own buttons. That sounds neat!

      Edit Comment
  • At Tuesday, April 03, 2007 8:38:00 p.m., Blogger lobstah said…

    Those pictures look so nice! It won't stop snowing here :(
    I want to see some button stash photos! I love buttons too but unfortunately have not been able to amass that many (yet).

      Edit Comment
  • At Wednesday, April 04, 2007 12:24:00 a.m., Blogger Unknown said…

    oh Tatjana, those flowers are sooo very pretty! I keep going to check to see if our daffs and tulips are coming up every 20 min. or so!!
    I am happy to say i see over an inch now of the beginnings of new life! Yeah, the squirrels did'nt get them!
    That sweater is so nice- the color is great!
    I too, long to see those buttons!
    I'm a complete vintage button fanatic, i swoon when i see ones i love.

      Edit Comment
  • At Wednesday, April 04, 2007 1:50:00 a.m., Blogger Bobbypin Bandit said…

    Girl, I am frazzled all the time and don't know whether I am coming or going, so I can totally relate. I agree with you on my friend Nadia, she makes gorgeous stuff. I need to encourage her more, sometimes she gets scared that no one will like her stuff!

      Edit Comment
Post a Comment
<< Home
 







Trekking XXL Enrelac Socks
Dottie Tank
Lizzieas pdf
Bosomy Tankas pdf
Mods for Bosomy TankA Fanciful Twist
Anastasia Drawing and Dreaming
Apron Thrift Girl
Arleta's Motley Wool
The Barefoot Cobbler
Beauty School Dropout
cArried AwAy
Kandeedo Bandeedo
Fiber Arts Afloat
Hadas y Flores
Jungle Dream Pagoda
Lobstah Life
muerto de risa
My Marrakesh
Moonstitches
Petunia
Pink Lady Knits
SewStylish
Sock prOn
So Sylvie
Stitched in Holland