A Canadian gal in Stuttgart, Germany, who loves nothing better than crafting by the seat of her pants. See her snip, sew, knit, knot, glue, sculpt, splatter, spin, and of course, talk about herself.

Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe to this blog


Diese Seite auf Deutsch

Esta pagina en EspaƱol


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from happy go lovely. Make your own badge here.





Prev l List l Next
_

Monday, October 02, 2006
I'm a spinning mah-cheen!!
Oh yes. Yes I am. I got lovely new wool to spin with on Friday and I just haven't been able to keep my hands off it. I had been neglecting my poor wheel for a while and as I tried to get back in the spin mode I realized I really didn't have much to work with and decided to treat myself to some new woolies. I bought some space dyed wool for the first time, something I didn't do before because I really wanted to dye my own, but I've since realized what a pain dyeing can be with limited space. I dye yarn from time to time, but I think roving, particularly handpainted, will have to wait til we have a fair bit more counter space and a good setup for drying things flat. Anyway, you're probably thinking I should shut up and show you the yarn already, so here are the fruits of my labor:

Handspun

I'm so happy with them I named them :) Morning Glory, Twilight and Autumnsong. The first two are the results of the space dyed, which spun up really quickly and just all around too easy to make such pretty yarn! Why on earth I waited so long is beyond me. The third, Autumnsong, is more of my fall nostalgia in my first attempt at striped yarn. I picked out a blend of autumny colours and then spun large sections of each colour. I navajo plied it, to keep the colour sequence, but the single had a little too much twist and so didn't turn out so hot in a couple places when I tried to Navajo ply it. Overall though, it's ok for a first try. The stripe sequence repeats 3 times, and I'm hoping it's enough for a hat, around 70m/75yards. Maybe a kids' hat? If I keep spinning like this, I'm gonna end up with alot of yarn for little projects. Maybe I should just make sure it's thin enough for socks. I only wish I wore wool socks, lol :) Oh well, I'm sure I'll think of something! Well, of to work on another skein, this one's a mix of gorgeous, rosy, lipgloss colours, I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Lipgloss yarn

Labels:

posted by tatjana @ 8:14 p.m.  
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 







Trekking XXL Enrelac Socks
Dottie Tank
Lizzieas pdf
Bosomy Tankas pdf
Mods for Bosomy TankA Fanciful Twist
Anastasia Drawing and Dreaming
Apron Thrift Girl
Arleta's Motley Wool
The Barefoot Cobbler
Beauty School Dropout
cArried AwAy
Kandeedo Bandeedo
Fiber Arts Afloat
Hadas y Flores
Jungle Dream Pagoda
Lobstah Life
muerto de risa
My Marrakesh
Moonstitches
Petunia
Pink Lady Knits
SewStylish
Sock prOn
So Sylvie
Stitched in Holland