A Canadian gal in Stuttgart, Germany, who loves nothing better than crafting by the seat of her pants. See her snip, sew, knit, knot, glue, sculpt, splatter, spin, and of course, talk about herself.

Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe to this blog


Diese Seite auf Deutsch

Esta pagina en EspaƱol


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from happy go lovely. Make your own badge here.





Prev l List l Next
_

Thursday, July 20, 2006
Curly Tank?
I think the time has finally come for me to seriously consider blocking the hell out of one of my knits. I've never bothered to really do it before...maybe a couple times I laid it flat to dry and tugged on it a bit, but not real blocking. I know, I know, I'm a shamefully lazy knitter. A disgrace to my kind!
Really tho, I think it's the only thing I can do to get the curling out of the hem of this tank. I can only console myself that it's only happening in the front:
purple tank
since I was making this up as I went along, and I could see that this yarn was not behaving knit up in stockinette, I devised a cunning plan....I knit the whole back in rib!! Oh, I'm so smart. That way I wouldn't have to worry about curling at the top or the bottom, and it gives a bit more interest to the top altogether. I like how it turned out :)
purple tank back
purple tank on me And this is how it looks on me. It fits perfectly and is very comfy. I had originally planned to make it with a higher neckline, a bit more modest you know, but somehow it just didn't work out that way because it was hard to tell what would fall where looking at the knit in progress in 2-D when the body it was to go on is very much 3-D. Oh well, c'est la vie. I will probably still wear it to work. Well, time to wash this sucker and see if I can straighten that curl out...but I will update on my sewing progress soon!

Labels:

posted by tatjana @ 7:23 p.m.  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 







Trekking XXL Enrelac Socks
Dottie Tank
Lizzieas pdf
Bosomy Tankas pdf
Mods for Bosomy TankA Fanciful Twist
Anastasia Drawing and Dreaming
Apron Thrift Girl
Arleta's Motley Wool
The Barefoot Cobbler
Beauty School Dropout
cArried AwAy
Kandeedo Bandeedo
Fiber Arts Afloat
Hadas y Flores
Jungle Dream Pagoda
Lobstah Life
muerto de risa
My Marrakesh
Moonstitches
Petunia
Pink Lady Knits
SewStylish
Sock prOn
So Sylvie
Stitched in Holland