A Canadian gal in Stuttgart, Germany, who loves nothing better than crafting by the seat of her pants. See her snip, sew, knit, knot, glue, sculpt, splatter, spin, and of course, talk about herself.

Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe to this blog


Diese Seite auf Deutsch

Esta pagina en EspaƱol


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from happy go lovely. Make your own badge here.





Prev l List l Next
_

Tuesday, July 11, 2006
Retro Chic
I guess it's pretty obvious that since I signed up for Sew Retro and committed to sewing my very own vintage masterpiece, I'd better do a bit more than just put the button on my sidebar ;) I remember having a few nice retro patterns in my collection, back in my hardcore sewing day, but what's left of my beloved patterns has been left with my mum back in Canada and has apparently moved to a more spacious storage locale known as my brother's basement. I really have no idea how much is left of the pattern and fabric stockpile, and at any rate I can't get to it from here, so I decided that entitles me to some stash enhancement. Woohoo!
Vintage German Pattern Magazines
Here are some fun finds from Germany eBay!! Vintage pattern magazines! They are much like the Burda magazines of today. Actually, there are probably vintage Burdas somewhere, as it's been around forever, but no luck finding any this time. Anyhoo, after looking through them I was quite enamoured with this lovely coat circa 1972:
Vintage coat - 1967Vintage suit with shorts! (1972)
And who could resist these lovely short suits?? Hey! Shorts are even in again! We'll ignore the fact that in a pair of shorts I'm about as sexy as a certain lactating farm animal, and that I'd never have the patience to execute the perfect pleats required for these particular shorts. We'll just think about how darn cute they look on this adorably moon-eyed 70s model.
Vintage Dress pattern - 1972Vintage Dress pattern w/o sleeves - 1972
And these are the 2 dresses that I'm deciding between to make this month. I've been wanting to make a wrap dress, but I also want to use the pretty vintage sheets and things I've been collecting, and the cotton would not work with the sleeves on the wrap dress. But I could change the sleeves, or leave them off altogether. The sleeveless dress is very pretty, but I'm unsure about the buttons. I tend to stay away from things with buttons because I have trouble keeping the ladies (read boobs) under control and don't like giving my boss a flash of my bra through the scandalous gaps between my buttonholes. Of course, sewing it myself I can always adjust the pattern, but do I don't want to go to all that trouble (read I'm a lazy sod) unless I really want that dress. Maybe I'll just go post the dresses on the Sew Retro blog n see what they think.

Labels:

posted by tatjana @ 10:48 p.m.  
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 







Trekking XXL Enrelac Socks
Dottie Tank
Lizzieas pdf
Bosomy Tankas pdf
Mods for Bosomy TankA Fanciful Twist
Anastasia Drawing and Dreaming
Apron Thrift Girl
Arleta's Motley Wool
The Barefoot Cobbler
Beauty School Dropout
cArried AwAy
Kandeedo Bandeedo
Fiber Arts Afloat
Hadas y Flores
Jungle Dream Pagoda
Lobstah Life
muerto de risa
My Marrakesh
Moonstitches
Petunia
Pink Lady Knits
SewStylish
Sock prOn
So Sylvie
Stitched in Holland