A Canadian gal in Stuttgart, Germany, who loves nothing better than crafting by the seat of her pants. See her snip, sew, knit, knot, glue, sculpt, splatter, spin, and of course, talk about herself.

Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe to this blog


Diese Seite auf Deutsch

Esta pagina en EspaƱol


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from happy go lovely. Make your own badge here.





Prev l List l Next
_

Wednesday, March 22, 2006
Hump Day is for Spinning Fun!
hehehe. i said hump. heh. i'm a little tired today, it's been a super duper hectic week so far, so i'm happy as all heck that more than half of it is over. My beautiful, wonderful, gorgeous sexpot of a spinning wheel arrived on Monday! Talk about lightning fast! I didn't think it'd get here til at least Tuesday. BUT, the killer was that because of the big project proposal being due this week, I of course had to work late, and Monday was the MIL-to-be's birthday, and we had to mosey over and eat cake. So I only got to unpack the wheel on Tuesday, and finally spun me some roving today. HELLO! Can you say fun!?!? Granted, I had a little start up trouble, because this was the first time I ever actually saw a functional wheel. And then, genius that I am, in my eagerness I decided to start spinning without pre-drafting my wool. I bet you can imagine how nice that turned out huh? But when I tried again it went much better. Luckily, the Louet is really easy to treadle slowly, but dang, did i ever want to let that baby rip. I mean, this really puts spindling to shame! It was all I could not to start making racecar noises, you know? (Ok, maybe I actually did, but only for a little while, and no, I will not admit to it ever again) i promised some friends I'd go to the movies tomorrow, so it looks like i'm stuck jonesing for roving til the weekend. But my boss is all happy with all the work I did on the proposal, so guess who can probably knock off early on Friday? The chick with the sexy new wheel, that's who! And Ima gonna mosey straight home to get me some Louet lovin'! Hell yeah!
posted by tatjana @ 11:16 p.m.  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 







Trekking XXL Enrelac Socks
Dottie Tank
Lizzieas pdf
Bosomy Tankas pdf
Mods for Bosomy TankA Fanciful Twist
Anastasia Drawing and Dreaming
Apron Thrift Girl
Arleta's Motley Wool
The Barefoot Cobbler
Beauty School Dropout
cArried AwAy
Kandeedo Bandeedo
Fiber Arts Afloat
Hadas y Flores
Jungle Dream Pagoda
Lobstah Life
muerto de risa
My Marrakesh
Moonstitches
Petunia
Pink Lady Knits
SewStylish
Sock prOn
So Sylvie
Stitched in Holland