A Canadian gal in Stuttgart, Germany, who loves nothing better than crafting by the seat of her pants. See her snip, sew, knit, knot, glue, sculpt, splatter, spin, and of course, talk about herself.

Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe to this blog


Diese Seite auf Deutsch

Esta pagina en Español


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from happy go lovely. Make your own badge here.





Prev l List l Next
_

Monday, December 19, 2005
I am knitting....really!

BunnySweater
Originally uploaded by happy go lovely.
To celebrate finally finishing my thesis, I have been madly catching up on everything I neglected for about 4 months. Like my two part-time jobs at the university, many friends who will soon be moving back to their respective countries, my boy, and of course, my knitting :) For christmas I'm knitting Matthias (aka bunny LOL!)this cable sweater in a grey/white mix of different wool and alpaca threads. These mixed thread type yarns are very popular on German eBay. Some of them have very nice colour and fibre combinations, like this one here, while others really don't. Some are also a bit annoying to knit, because if you knit quickly, and don't look, you may knit only part of the yarn into your stitch :P But this yarn has knit up quite well, and I made a swatch to wash before I started and it washed like a dream. It came out all full and fluffy and cuddly, just gorgeous! The risk though, is that I don't know how many metres I have of this stuff, and I'm hoping I won't run short. I knit cables on the front, but the back will just be stockinette, to save yarn, and also so the sweater isn't too bulky. With the alpaka, it would get too warm. I think I'll knit the sleeves in stockinette, with a single cable running down the middle. I'm halfway done the back, and knitting is going quickly, so hopefully it'll be done in time. Matthias knows I'm knitting it, and is excited to see how it turns out, since it's his first sweater from me.
I'm also working on a shawl for my grandmother. We went to visit her in Köln yesterday, which is about 3 hours away, since we won't see her for christmas. She isn't doing to well, so a long drive like that is too much of a strain, otherwise we'd bring her to our place so she can have christmas with us. It's really too bad that my dad is all the way in Canada and my aunt is in Spain and can't make it either :( She says she doesn't mind, but I hate the thought of her spending Christmas by herself. I won't be able to finish the shawl in time, because it's only about a third done, but she got to see it yesterday, and knows it's coming, and that made her happy :) I'll post some pics of it soon.


posted by tatjana @ 9:57 p.m.  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 







Trekking XXL Enrelac Socks
Dottie Tank
Lizzieas pdf
Bosomy Tankas pdf
Mods for Bosomy TankA Fanciful Twist
Anastasia Drawing and Dreaming
Apron Thrift Girl
Arleta's Motley Wool
The Barefoot Cobbler
Beauty School Dropout
cArried AwAy
Kandeedo Bandeedo
Fiber Arts Afloat
Hadas y Flores
Jungle Dream Pagoda
Lobstah Life
muerto de risa
My Marrakesh
Moonstitches
Petunia
Pink Lady Knits
SewStylish
Sock prOn
So Sylvie
Stitched in Holland