A Canadian gal in Stuttgart, Germany, who loves nothing better than crafting by the seat of her pants. See her snip, sew, knit, knot, glue, sculpt, splatter, spin, and of course, talk about herself.

Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe to this blog


Diese Seite auf Deutsch

Esta pagina en EspaƱol


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from happy go lovely. Make your own badge here.





Prev l List l Next
_

Thursday, February 16, 2006
Cable Sweater

Cable Sweater
Originally uploaded by happy go lovely.
I've been meaning to post a picture since last week, but things have been a little crazy in our little kitten filled home. Most evenings for both of us has been getting home late from work, cleaning up whatever mess the cats have made during the day, and collapsing on the sofa. But I finally manage to snap a quick shot of the long awaited (for Matthias anyway) cable sweater! I really like the way the alpaca in the yarn gave it a soft fluffiness. I'm glad I didn't put the cables all over, like the Verena (German mag) pattern I based it on. And I can't begin to express my relief that I had enough yarn! This was a mystery blend from German eBay, so there was no getting anymore, and since it was a very lightweight yarn, I was knitting it doubled. But it was just enough, with a tiny ball leftover that I can stash somewhere in case there should ever be an injury that needs repairing. I'll need to find a good hiding place tho, because one of the kittens' favourite games is 'Alpaca treasure hunt'.....


posted by tatjana @ 8:31 p.m.  
5 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 







Trekking XXL Enrelac Socks
Dottie Tank
Lizzieas pdf
Bosomy Tankas pdf
Mods for Bosomy TankA Fanciful Twist
Anastasia Drawing and Dreaming
Apron Thrift Girl
Arleta's Motley Wool
The Barefoot Cobbler
Beauty School Dropout
cArried AwAy
Kandeedo Bandeedo
Fiber Arts Afloat
Hadas y Flores
Jungle Dream Pagoda
Lobstah Life
muerto de risa
My Marrakesh
Moonstitches
Petunia
Pink Lady Knits
SewStylish
Sock prOn
So Sylvie
Stitched in Holland